Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Evil ?



There’s a fax machine outside my office that has not worked since I started working here (7 months ago) because the phone line was disconnected. When I first realized the fax was not working, I put a helpful sign on it to alert my coworkers so they would not try to use it and leave the thing beeping outside my office all day.

The sign didn’t work, people ignored it. So, I called the helpdesk and asked them to come up and install a new phone line. They did, it worked once, and then for some unknown reason it stopped working again.

I put up the sign back and would cheerfully notify people who ignored the sign and used the fax that it was broken. Since I never used the fax and had already devoted minutes and minutes to solving the problem, I felt it was someone else’s turn to take the initiative and call the helpdesk.

Anyway, the sign has disappeared and I am obviously the only person in the building who has figured out that the fax is broken and has been for 7 months. Now it’s a popularity contest outside my office door. If I like you? I will cheerfully remind you that the fax machine doesn’t work and suggest you go down the hall to the next one. If you aggravate the crap out of me?
Happy Faxing! :D

This has proven to be an excellent system for me since there are only two types of people in this world; the people who I love , and the people who annoy me.


I am so evil! :p